Sunday, January 6, 2008

Mission Call


Besides the fact that I am really slacking off on this blogging thing-- we might get Christmas pictures up by Valentine's Day. I told Reed tonight I need to find a way to make my life more efficient. His suggestion was and I quote " get up earlier and talk on the phone less." My response was, "I want my life more efficient-- I don't want it to suck." :) Anyways, that's beside the point here.... I had to take a quick minute to post that my parents got their mission call yesterday.... drum roll please..... they have been called to the London England Mission. They report on March 24th 2007 and will serve for 23 months.



We are all very excited for them. I must admit.... I'm a little nervous. Not for them. They'll do great. But two years feels like such a long time that it makes me a little sad if I think about it for too long. I have to admit I'm pretty attached to my parents. I survived just barely when they deserted me in Oregon and moved to Arizona two years ago(that was for your benefit mom:))But that was just because between their visits back to Oregon and mine to Arizona we still saw each other at least every three months plus we'd talk on the phone a couple times a week often daily. Really though a mission is where they are supposed to be right now and I just keep reminding myself what a fantastic opportunity this is for them and how proud I am of them and how many exciting adventures they will have in the next two years. They will do great work and bless many lives. And I can't help but think that Heavenly Father will make it a little easier for us while we miss them when they're gone.

10 comments:

Becca said...

of coarse you will miss them so much but I am sure that Lord will easy your pain. I am excited for them. They will be so great! I can't believe they are going on a mission though. They seem so young! Tell them congratulations!

mahina said...

that is so exciting!

rozalyn said...

That's SO awesome!!!! We're very excited for them. And now you have another excuse to go to England in 2 years. : ) They will be absolutely wonderful missionaries. I know I would struggle if my parents went almost 1/2way across the world for two years. And I don't mean to sound trite, but I know that your little family will be so blessed because of your parent's faithfulness. Your parents are fantastic!

Katie Smith said...

Hey, didn't your grandparents go to London? I know it was somewhere in England. How cool is that!

I know you'll miss your parents tremendously, but what a great opportunity for them. They are going to be the young, hip missionary couple. Hey, and maybe you and Reed will get to go "pick them up" when their done! You should start pitching that idea to Reed now. :)

Megan said...

My grandparents were called to the Manchester England mission but spent their entire mission in Wales. My mom's sister Debbie, served her mission in the Gatwick England Mission years ago. Kinda funny that they are all will have served in the same small country of England. :)

Megan said...

We are really hoping we'll be able to visit at some point while they are there. Funny thing though... when we were in England/Ireland almost two years ago we only had one stinkin' day in London. I was making us run all around the city trying to cram in as much as we could in one single day. Reed finally told me we had to stop and I just told him that I had waited my whole life to see this city and there just wasn't enough time to see everything. He promised that he'd bring me back so we could spend alot of time just in London. My reply was "Yea thirty years from now. When are we ever going to have a good enough reason to come back?" He just said, "I promise it won't be thirty years from now." I guess I should listen to my wise husband more often. It seems we've found our "good enough reason".:)

rozalyn said...

And you know, I was just thinking, a lot of the prophets have served missions to England as well. ;) It's definitely the place to serve!

Mel said...

Wow! Congratulations! I know what you mean about not having your parents close. I am so the exact same way. But, I guess there is no place you would rather have them if they cannot be right by ya!

Anonymous said...

congrats to your parents, and what a great example they will be to other couples. and a trip to visit them when they are finished will maybe help get you through the next 2 years.

Juliana said...

That is great news! I had no idea they were going! How exciting! My brother went to the birmingham England mission and loved it. It should remind them lots of Oregon!

I love reading your blog!

playlist