So I've been tagged- I didn't know this existed but here it goes. Hopefully I got the idea right. Essentially I'm supposed to come up with 6 facts/habits (come on, SIX we'll have a tough time coming up with two) about me and than tag 6 of my friends. So here it goes:
- I love to travel and when I'm not traveling I dream about all the places I'm going to go when A) I have all the money I'd ever need to do it and B) my kids are old enough to leave or take with. I've a very LONG list of places I want to go. I've convinced Reed to take to me a few of those places in recent years. I think he secretly hoped that once he did it would shorten my top ten list to top seven or eight. I don't think he understood that all it was doing was bumping up new places to those spots. Too bad for him. :)
- I hate it when someone walks behind me up the stairs. It gives me the creeps. I need to be the one in the back. If I'm not, than I have to run up the stairs. This drives Reed crazy. He constantly asks me, "What is it you think I'm going to do to you?" And really, I don't know what it is that I'm afraid of. But I also run up the stairs whenever I'm the last one to bed and I've turned out the lights. Than it's someone "imaginary" chasing me. Yes, weird I know.
- I love to read. There is always a book on my shelf to be read and often I'm reading a couple books at the same time. If the budget won't allow purchasing a new one, I'll just reread one I have. There are books on my bookshelf that have been read at least a dozen times. I read books like others watch movies.
- (Are we only to number 4, this is killing me!) I love to eat but hate to cook. Kinda an quandary huh? I swear that all food tastes better when I didn't have to make it. I know my mom has years of cooking experience on me but seriuosly I can make something exactly the way she does and Reed will even agree that it tastes just as good but it never does to me. I cook because it's a necessity of life and I like good food but not because I'm passionate about it. I think that is why not having to cook the meal makes it particularly sweet to me.
- I'm irrational and I know it and what's worse is I don't have a problem with it. Here's an example. Reed and I were talking about saving money for retirment. An realistically I'm all for saving money for retirement but well here's how the conversation goes:
Reed: We need to increase our percentage of income that we put into our retirment fund.
Me: I know that we need to but I don't really want to.
Reed: Well if you want to do all the things you want to after I retire we need to be saving alot more now.
Me: Well there's two reasons I'm against it. First, is what if I die?
Reed: Ummm, okay. Well I'll still need money right?
Me: Yeah but you'll probably remarry some girl and than she'll spend all the money that I spent saving. That doesn't really seem fair. So I think I'd rather just have fun now and spend it.
Reed just rolls his eyes because he knows this train of thought barely warrants a comment. Instead he says: Ok what's the other reason.
Me: Well by the time you retire the second coming will have happened and everything will have been destroyed or we'll be living the law of consecration and it will all be different anyways.
Reed: Yea, I'm just going to increase the retirement percentage tomorrow at work.
Even reading this makes me laugh. Logically I know it's crazy but can't change that those thought actually cross my mind. Luckily reason usually wins out with me, usually. :)
- Last one guys, I know...I love Christmas and really who doesn't. But it's a bit insane at our house. I have tons of Christmas decorations which take up a significant amount of space in the attic. Reed has to remind me every year that we only have these decorations up for 6 weeks- we don't need that many. And I'm obsessive about doing as many traditions as soon as possible to get all of them in. Soon as Thanksgiving is over, like the next day literally, I make my family get the christmas tree. It's always up and decorated by Saturday night. I prefer the lights to be on the house that weekend also but sometimes that doesn't work with Reed's schedule. Last year I was frustrated that they weren't up when I wanted them to so I decided to do them myself. Reed came home to me on the top of the roof. He was not happy and forbid me from doing that again. Maybe that means this year they'll be up extra early? We'll see.
So there you go. And Katie, Juliana, Jessy, Jess, Carlie and Mahina-- Tag you're it.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
So I have to brag a bit. Not that I have done anything at all to accomplish this but Elayna slept 9 hours without waking up. It was amazing! I've never had a baby voluntarily sleep that long and never at 2 months old. The only time I've ever gotten that amount of sleep is when I forced it by first letting them cry it out for several nights beforehand. I'm sure that this won't be the norm but to even have it happen once is miraculous!
Posted by Megan at 3:06 PM
Sunday, November 4, 2007
I was finally able to capture Elayna's cute little grin on camera. I've forgotten how stingy babies are at this age with their smiles- well the real ones at least. I was delighted to get these ones and proceeded to show everyone I could how cute they were! Laynie just continues to be the most content and happy little baby. All of us are totally captivated by her and think every little thing she does is amazing
Posted by Megan at 9:34 PM
Aren't they adorable? I think so, although I admit I'm a bit biased. They had a great time trick or treating although we did get the mother load of candy this year. I thought it was an insane amount of candy and was complaining to Reed that it was just way too much. He said, "Are you kidding me? I got more than twice this much when I was a kid!" So I stopped to think about it and I did remember putting all my candy into a HUGE tupperware bowl and than my mom putting it on top of the fridge to ration out. I guess it's all perspective- as a kid I thought that that much candy was the best thing in the world but as an adult I'm pretty sure it's the worst! If I hear the question, "Can I have another treat?" again - - it will be too soon.
Posted by Megan at 9:25 PM
Saturday, November 3, 2007
happy day!!! The pictures are uploading again. Not sure how it got fixed but I was reading on the help bulletin board that others were having similar problems. Here are the pictures from the pumpkin carving post. From left to right the pumpkins belong to (even though they were all carved by yours truly :)) -- Elayna, Jocy, Nate, Reed & mine
Posted by Megan at 3:15 PM
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Ok this is getting really frustrating. For the life of me I can't add pictures. When I click on the picture icon while I'm making a post. I can browse for pictures and select but than the button below says capture. When I click on it the window closes and nothing happens. So any ideas on how to fix this would be helpful. For now we will be pictureless. . . and really what's the point of a blog without pictures?????
Posted by Megan at 8:26 AM