Monday, January 21, 2008

Where do they learn these things?


So this weekend, Nate and Jocy were off playing together. I'm so grateful that they love to play together. Don't get me wrong... they fight as much as any siblings maybe even more... but it's always nice that they have a playmate right under their own roof. So they were off playing some super hero or house or some "imaginary" reinactment. I was busy picking up in the other room, not really paying attention to them, when subconsiously I hear Nate say, "You go girl!" to Jocy. He even said it with exactly the right tone in his voice. I stopped what I was doing and mentally tried to figure out WHERE IN THE WORLD he learned that phrase? I most definately have NEVER EVER said that to anyone. It doesn't sound like Reed either. I tried to think if any of his favorite Disney movies have that in it but I came up blank. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with what he said. I'm just completely shocked that he even knows that phrase. I realize he goes to school but can you picture a bunch of kindergarteners around the playground saying, "You go girl!" It's just hard for me to imagine?? Anyways, that was just my funny moment for the weekend. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by now with the things my kids come up with but I still am sometimes. :)

3 comments:

Becca said...

That is so funny! I love it when my kids say crazy stuff like that. It makes life so fun.

Katie Smith said...

That's so great! I can just see Nate, in all his boy-ness saying, "You go girl!" Too funny. At least you're always entertained, right?

mahina said...

that's awesome! life with kids is a hoot!

playlist