Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Results are in....



I know you are all dying for the results of my very scientfic research study that has been going on for the last two weeks. Many of you posted that you usually buy things sporadically throughout the year and not every month. And this is true for us too. Some months I spend very little and then others when Reed or I purchase something for us or the kids are in a new season we have to spend alot more. I tried to just average my yearly expenses. Anyways, my friend Jessy insisted I post the results so this is for you Jessy:

less then $25: 5% (or one of you and let me add that you must be the queen of budgeting. Part of me wondered if you really exist. I really wouldn't have put it past Reed to get on my blog and sque my results)

$25-$50: 23% (or 4/17 votes)

$50-$74: 29% (5/17 votes fell here and realistically this is the category I shoot for each month I just don't always hit it:))

$75-$99: 17% (3/17 votes and the category we usually hit)

$100-$150: 5% (1/17 votes)

more than $150: 17% (3/17 and lets be honest here-- this is the budget I'd prefer to be working with.)

So there you go girls. Do with what you will. It won't really change much in the Bell household. Reed isn't really swayed by my scientific findings although I think he must admit (right dear?) that I'm not as crazy as he orginally thought-- at least not when it comes to shopping. Thanks girls for helping to prove my sanity. :)

4 comments:

Becca said...

Husbands can be so impossible, can't they! I always get pegged for every dollar spent and Mike says stuff like "you spend so much money on those kids" He forgets to rememeber that I buy for 5 (sometimes 6)and he buys for one! Come on now! Give a girl a break. Thanks for posting the results. I was curious too.

Madsen Family said...

Yeah for the results! Now I, too, can feel validated because that is what I usually spend as well. Forget that I am only shopping for one......I won't tell Josh THAT part, hee, hee!

Katie Smith said...

Hmmm, very interesting results. I'm glad you posted them. I think I'm just totally opposite: I count every dollar we spend and freak out about our budget more than Mike. He's always saying, "don't worry...we'll be just fine." And I'm so nervous about spending any money. Maybe it's all just part of this 'poor college' situation we're in right now, but I can't help it!

The Thomas Family said...

Very interesting.
Husbands can be pretty funny about all that. It's nice to see the stats. I'm going to have to hang on to that info and save it for a rainy day. (a.k.a. a day when I feel guilty for spending 20 bucks on 3 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, a hat, and socks) Just kidding, kind of.

playlist