Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"HOT"


So Nate and I were chatting the other day. Here's how it goes down...

Nate: I don't really like Isabella, Mom. (Isabella's a girl in his class at school)

Me: Why's that?

Nate: She's annoying and teases me.

Me: How does she tease you?

Nate: She says I'm hot.

Me: Like sweaty? (I can hope right?!)

Nate with an incredulous look that only a son talking to his mom can give: No, Mom.

Me: Oh, like cute.

Nate: Yeah. It's annoying.


At least we both agree that it's annoying. Is it really necessary that I am having this conversation with my kindergartner? I mean there isn't a five year old alive that is "hot" not too mention how do they even know what that means?? I really thought I would be able to delay this whole "girl like boy" thing for at least a couple of years. Honestly, after Nate left I got quite the chuckle out of the conversation but deep down I thought: maybe I should homeschool.

9 comments:

Kat Rose said...

Smart kid!! So funny.

The Thomas Family said...

Karly rode the school bus for like the 3rd time this year,a couple days ago. I only let her ride it because she asks to ride the bus every day and I thought I needed to stop being so paranoid. I even called the transportation department to make sure she would be sitting up front. She got home and had the most interesting story about sitting in the very back with the big girls. She also said they told her to not listen to what they were talking about. After a little prodding she said they were talking about there boyfriends and wanting to kiss them. Soooo, I guess the moral of the story is it's good to be paranoid???? Yahh, I HATE the whole boy girl thing too.

jess said...

oh my goodness... look what i have to look forward to!! your little guy is pretty cute though!

mahina said...

love it! aren't those conversations great!

Melanie said...

Wow. That's why I keep considering homeschooling. I don't think Eli would do too well with it, but honestly, the things kids learn and so early too! It's funny to think a five year old knows what "hot" means in that way.
Course, I have to remember that in fifth grade (this was at Aloha Park elem.) my classmates were bringing wine coolers to school and drinking them afterwards in the fields so I guess it could always be worse.
Yeah, paranoid isn't a bad thing.

The Sampietro's said...

Umm, I TOTALLY liked boys in Kindergarten. And,I think I turned out alright. Plus Nate looks like quite the cutie.

rozalyn said...

ha ha ha! that's too funny. At least he thinks it's annoying. Just make sure you're in his classroom or school as much as possible and that you get to know who this Isabella girl is--and that she know's who you are too. ;) Garrett thinks a little girl in his class, Kelsey, is kinda cute ("she has curly hair, Mom") but he also says that she (or any of the other girls for that matter) is not allowed to play with the boys because they're "icky". I am all for reinforcing the "icky" factor and encouraging the pack mentality of the boys...so far it's been working pretty well for kindergarten.

Katie Smith said...

I can only imagine the look Nate gave you when you asked "you mean sweaty?" I think about homeschool all of the time! There are too many crazy kids out there (mostly because they have wacked out parents) that I'd just rather Jack not ever know. That's not really the solution though.

Don't worry, you've raised Nate well, he'll do just fine fending of the hoardes of girls!

Mel said...

Yeah, are kids are growing up to fast! Gracie was proposed to the other day and was kissed on the cheek. I don't think I am ready for this!

playlist