Saturday, March 15, 2008

Parenting


So we took Laynie to her 6 month check up yesterday. She is officially 26 inches & 14lbs 12 oz, which puts her in the 50% for height and the 25% for weight. I asked if that was ok even though she seemed small. He said she was growing great and everything looked good to him. I mentioned that I often get stopped when I am out running errands and usually get asked how old my baby is. When I answer it is usually followed by a shocked look and then, "Wow she is so little." So honestly part of me was starting to develop a complex and worrying that I wasn't feeding her enough or something. When I shared this with my pediatrician he just smiled and said, "Didn't you know that parenting is a competitive sport?" Funny guy.

4 comments:

Juliana said...

She is so adorable! I love looking at her pictures. So true about the competative sport thing. I love it when friends start questions with "Does your child ever..." what they are really trying to do is brag about theirs! ha ha ha. miss you guys!

Ashlee said...

She's so sweet- and a cute little peanut! Seriously, as a parent you get comments either way. I get the "WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING THAT KID?!?" comment all the time. Plus, I have to carry a 21 pound 6 month old around everywhere I go- so I say you're lucky! She really is a doll, she'll just be a sweet petite thing. Ignore people. :)

Emily said...

I love seeing petite little girls! My kids are huge, I'm hopeing this upcoming girl will be a bit smaller...we'll see. If not chunk is always fun too.

rozalyn said...

Um...you're little, your mom's little...it might be a trend...
We had an issue with our first two when they really skinny-ed out right after they turned 1. The pediatrician became a little concerned and had me bring them in for weight checks, add cream and butter to all their foods, etc.,etc. Then one day I brought in Doug with me to an appointment, and she said, "Oh, I see now."
Laynie's just a darling! Next time someone asks how old she is ask them how old they are, and say something like, "Wow, you're SO big!" : )

playlist