Thursday, October 9, 2008

Soccer



We have had a GREAT soccer season. We only had one rainy day of soccer and let me tell you that is AMAZING for the northwest. Jocy and Nate both played this year. And I use the term, play loosely for Jocy. This is Nate's second year playing and he is, in my modest opinion, quite good. He usually scored a couple goals each game and is getting much better at being aware of his teammates and where they are on the field. Jocy on the other hand is a different story. I don't want to judge too early but I kinda think soccer's not her thing. She is totally capable and athletically coordinated- she was just bored. Her best friend was on her team and at first the coach would put them out on the field together. She learned quickly that that was not a good idea because Jocy and Madi could usually be found running down the field playing soccer WHILE HOLDING HANDS. Not an effective strategy. But they didn't care. At least they had fun right??

2 comments:

Julie said...

I just love soccer season. I'm so glad you've enjoyed nice weather. Score!

Rebecca said...

I am so glad soccer is over and happy we had so many dry days. Jocy was definitely not alone in her soccer attitude because most of Kyler's team was similarly occupied...especially the girls. Maybe it is just the age. As long as she had fun I would consider it a successful season.

Oh, and my kids are under the impression that Nate is awesome and super fast. I don't know if Ashlynn's team got to play him or if that was the one RAINY day when we ducked out early.

playlist