Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Crazy about Pumpkins
















I saw these ADORABLE pumpkins on 30 handmade days blog- which is a blog that posts all these FABULOUS crafty ideas from a variety of places all over the internet. I fell head over heels in love with the pumpkins and searched all over for some velvet fabric to make some but couldn't find anything, anywhere. A lady at Joann's suggested this material and so I decided to try it out. And if I do say so myself, I think they turned out pretty darn cute. The best part was going around to grocery stores asking if I could have their broken off stems. I got some wierd looks at that request. :)
These are the next pumpkins on my to do list. I can hardly wait to start! Can you tell I'm a bit obsessed?!


P.S. Don't be too impressed-- they were SO VERY easy. Maybe the easiest craft I've ever done.

7 comments:

Emily said...

So very cute! I too, love pumpkins. You can leave them out from end of Sept thru Thanksgiving! You did a great job! Too bad we don't live closer and you could help me make some :(

Bekah: said...

They are adorable! I can't wait to make the other ones together!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Hey Megan- thanks for the mention. Jess told me about the post you wrote. Glad you like 30days ;)...you have such a cute family.

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

p.s. great job on the pumpkins. still haven't made mine but it's on my (VERY LONG) to do list.

The Scott Family said...

I love, love , love them. They look awesome. The class was on the 9th but I ended up not being able to go. You have to teach me I want to make tons of them. Great Job!!! You are so crafty i am jealous!

Becca said...

super cute megan. You are so crafty.

Rachel D said...

Cute! And I love that they don't have to be orange.

playlist