Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July


There are so many things I LOVE about the 4th: BBQ's, parades, fireworks and even in Oregon we almost always have sun! :) I have so many fond memories of the culdesac BBQ's we'd have on 58th Ct with all the neighbors. I especially remember the one neighbor who always brought the BEST (albeit illegal) fireworks. There was always loads of good food and wonderful friends to share it with. I miss those carefree days. But I also love watching my kids experience those same carefree days for themselves now. They love the fourth of July and have been talking about it for days now. They think the local parade is the coolest thing ever and they think that sparklers and pop its are about the best things in the world. It's so wonderful that they are still so easily amazed. I am so grateful we have this opportunity each year to honor all who have sacrificed so much for our country and enjoy these simple pleasures with my children. Happy 4th!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love thinking about Oregon Fourth of Julys. They are nice and COOL. I remember small parades and fireworks at home. I think I really miss that. We can't do fireworks here--not even sparklers. This is my second year of Fourth of July in AZ (we are usually out of town) and I think I will boycott all future Fourth of Julys here. They are kind of a drag (the swimming is fun but the BBQ is eaten inside!). Enjoy nice Oregon this time of year!

playlist