Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lunch with Dad

















Last weekend, while Reed was in classes downtown, we met him to have lunch. It was a gorgeous day- sunny but not too hot. Just the way I like them! He had an hour break between classes so we had sandwiches on waterfront and then when Reed went back to school the kids and I went on to Pioneer Place to do a little shopping. And I do mean little. Really how much can you expect to get done with three kids?
















Nate & Jocelyn think the best part about Pioneer Place is the fountain where they always insist on throwing a penny in to make a wish. Jocelyn walked right up to the water, closed her eyes tight, and then paused for a moment before she flung her penny in the water. You could just tell she was sure that her wish was coming true. Nate, on the other hand, said as I gave him his penny, "Why don't all wishes come true when you throw the penny in the fountain?" It made me a little sad that even at six he has figured this out. Can't he hold on to all those wonderful childhood beliefs just a little bit longer? I just told him that even if our wishes don't come true it's still fun to wish for them!

4 comments:

Katie Smith said...

What a fun day! I love going downtown especially on nice, perfect summer days.

Lindsey Bell said...

Cute! I can't believe how big the kids are getting! Is Laynie's hair turning blonde??

Julie said...

I love taking my kids to lunch with dad. . . until I'm half way through it. Then I admittedly wish I had gotten a babysitter. :)

Laurie said...

I cannot believe how little you and Reed have changed since way back when (aside from the three children). You both look great! Lunch with Dad is always fun for us, especially since there's usually no clean up for me.

What is Reed studying?

playlist