Friday, April 4, 2008

North & South


So I found this FABULOUS movie last night. Reed was at work and so I found myself with some time to kill (Really there are bathrooms to clean and laundry to do but who wants to do that when they have a quite house all to themselves?). We have a netflix membership and so I am able to view some movies instantly via the internet. I'm sure most video stores carry it and possibly even the library. Anyways, can I tell you how much I loved it? It is based on a book by Elizabeth Gaskell and it is a BBC production. If you are a Jane Austen fan you just have to watch it. And even if you aren't one, who doesn't love a good love story? Just make sure you have some time on your hands... it's 3 1/2 hours long. But believe me, I couldn't help myself and watched the whole thing last night. It might possibly be my favorite movie. Anyways, I'm always looking for a good clean movie- thought I'd pass this one along.

5 comments:

mahina said...

i've seen this at the library and was curious. now i'll have to check it out!

Bekah: said...

ohh thanks for the suggestion! can't wait to watch it!!!

The Thomas Family said...

Ohh I love Jane Austen. Maybe Kat and I will have to have a chick flick night and rent that one. Sounds like our type of show.

The Sampietro's said...

I LOVED IT!!!! I cried!!! Thanks for the sugg. Im going to now add to my library.

Mel said...

Hey....I put this on my que when you posted this....just finished it and I LOVED IT! I am waiting for the book to come in the library so I can read it....cannot wait!

playlist