Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Reunions

This week has been filled with so many fun reunions! First off, my good friend and his wife and adorable daughter were in town and surprised us with a visit on Sunday evening. It was so fun! Robert's family and my family grew up together, our families even built houses next door to each other. I can't count the number of memories that I have that involve the Bird family. It was so fun to have him and his family over- his wife Jeana is so great. I think we've only been together three or four times since they got married but I always feel like we've been friends forever too. It was great to see them and we're keeping our fingers crossed that they make their way back to Oregon.


Then on Monday night we reunited with the Gold's, the Haroldsen's, and the Oyama's. We had them over for a BBQ. Funny thing about this group is I always start to say "Reed's friends from growing up" because Ben, Dan, Joe, Andy and Kyle were all in the same ward together. But if I stop to think about it... Dan married my friend Melanie. We lived on the same street when we were younger and were great friends. She moved in elementary school but we reconnected in high school and college. And then Emily, Ben's wife, is one of my good friends from college. Actually Reed and I were with them on their first date. So really these girls are as much my good friends as the boys are Reed's good friends. It was so fun to spend the evening with them.

The last reunion- well this one hasn't happened yet- but I bought my ticket to go visit my friend Jessy in Spokane at the end of this month. I met Jessy 10 years ago during my freshmen year at BYU. We've been good friends ever since and I can't wait to see her!

Anyways, I am all about reunions! I can't even count all the fabulous people I have been touched by over the years. I just wish we all lived in the same neighborhood together! Since that's hardly realistic I will just have to be content with reunions. I really wish every week was filled with these kind of moments.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your lucky to be where you grew up and be able to see so many people. I'd love to see what Dan and Mel are up to, plus about a dozen other people from high school. I'm so glad we've reconnected through blogging. So if you ever want to AZ I'm up for ANOTHER reunion!

Madsen Family said...

YEAH MEGS! I am so VERY excited that you are coming! I got your itenerary last night and then I KNEW it was real! Yipee! I can't wait!

Emily said...

We loved seeing you all! I brought my camera that night and totally forgot to take any pictures. Your family is adorable and your house is great. Thanks for a fun BBQ and reunion! Also, thanks for introducing me to Ben!

Jeana Bird said...

Megan, it was so great seeing you guys too. I just love your house and thanks for letting us drop by. If you get a second I would love you to email me the primary websites you were talking about (jeanabird@hotmail.com). Thanks and we hope to see you guys soon.

playlist