Thursday, August 21, 2008

The number 10

10 years

120 months

520 weeks

3,652 days

87,648 hours

5,258,880 minutes

315,532,800 seconds

an unfathomable number of sweet moments spent with you


I can't really wrap my mind around the concept that we have been married for this long. Only "OLD" people have been married for ten years. I just don't feel old. Honestly, in many ways, it feels like it was just yesterday. And yet logically, I get that we have three kids, college degrees, a house, and alot of experiences behind us but I often feel like it's not possible for time to have passed us by as quickly as it has.

The first time I met Reed, I was 14 and he was a senior in high school. He was picking up his sister, Katie, from a Christmas party at my house. He came in with a friend and actually hung out for a bit. He was hilarious and of course I was smitten-as really only a 14 year old can be. I remember thinking a bit enviously how some lucky girl would get to marry him and how fun their lives would be, how they would always have laughter filling their home. At that moment, I never really imagined that girl would be me. I was right, though. Our lives have definately been filled with laughter and I am thankful every day that I ended up being the lucky girl who married Reed.

10 comments:

Julie said...

WOW!!!! Congrats to you! You guys do make a great match. I love your first impressions of Reed. Have a great anniversary!

whitney said...

congrats on 10 years! that's crazy. you DO have a funny husband... i always remember cracking up at whatever came out of his mouth. not only are you a lucky girl, but he is a lucky guy... you're amazing megs.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! If you're "old," then Robb and I (at 15yrs married) must be REALLY old. ;)

The story of how you met made me chuckle, right before I decided to never tell our daughter Hannah the details of it. :) She's 14 now and has been profoundly smitten with a boy in our ward for the last 9 months. In teenage years, that's like a decade! He's totally crazy for her, too. So...who knows, maybe she'll be writing a blog post about them some day! (sigh...)

Katie Smith said...

Me too! I love that we were the best of friends, and now we are sisters. Life does not get any better than that. I'm glad it's worked out for you and Reed too... :)

Seriously, congratulations on 10 years. You do realize, however, that does make you seem old. I've only been married for 3 years and I feel so much younger. Then again, I did marry someone 4 years younger than I am. Oh whatever, Happy Anniversary! I love you.

Becca said...

10 years? Crazy! That does make you a little old though. Hee Hee. Not really. That's a great picture of you and Reed. Happy Anniversary.

Bekah: said...

What a sweet post and great memories. You and Reed are awesome! I think it is adorable that you met him when you were 14. Happy 10th!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting.. Does that mean you got married at 19/20? Sheesh! When I look at a 19/20 year old I think they are so young and little. It's crazy! But well done on a great family and a great life! Happy 10 years and many more to go!

Laurie said...

Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how quickly the time goes? I can totally see you two laughing your way through life (not in an oblivious manner).

rozalyn said...

congratulations! 10 years is quite an accomplishment. Do you remember when you had us over for dinner at your little apartment in Provo when we were first married? I remember we had taco soup with your own homemade tortilla chips. Yummy. And do you guys still have the dresser Reed made and made you sand? Good times! We sure love you guys!

The Sampietro's said...

Congrats! We are right behind you...9 yrs. And, yes you are old just like US!!! Its crazy i have a 7 year old!!!! I remember BEIng 7!

playlist