Thursday, September 4, 2008

Small Window of Opportunity


I love dressing Elayna and Jocelyn in the exact same outfit. I know it's cheesy and it's a huge blessing that I don't have twins because I so would have traumatized them by insisting they dress alike. (not all the time but come on, it's SOOOO cute). Unfortunately because of the age difference between Laynie and Jocy there is a very small window of opportunity for dressing the same. Most clothing lines have items the same from 6months until 5T. So for the last few months we have been enjoying this. Jocelyn is quickly leaving the 5T sizes so I fear my fun is coming to a quick end. So I couldn't resist getting these pjs for them. Hopefully it's not the last time I ever see them in a "twin" outfit.

For the record, Jocelyn LOVE LOVE LOVES dressing the same as Laynie and Laynie's too young to care what she is wearing. So I probably haven't traumatized them too badly right? At least over that. :)

7 comments:

Heather M said...

I love the matching pjs. Laynie and Jocey looked adorable!

My mom used to dress all five us girls in coordinating dresses for Easter and Christmas until I was 12. I think we survived without being too traumatized.

mahina said...

hey, i always match my girls when possible! i don't think it is cheesy, i think it is cute and i always get comments about how cute all three of them look. if you get dresses from costco you can get them from 12 months to 7t. that is where i get the girls, all 3 of them, matching. i love it and so do they. so, your window of opportunity may not be as small as you think!

the problem i am getting into now is that lala is fitting into nani's old dresses that match kawena's, who is now wearing lala's old dresses. so, nani gets sad that she can't match her sisters.

Becca said...

super cute jammies. I love dressing my girls the same too but as they have gotten older and started to care (grace) I will buy them the same thing in different colors. That still seems to be okay with them.

Laurie said...

Love matching outfits--I even do it to my boys. FYI, The Children's Place often carries matching/coordinating outfits in the big kids sizes and the babies sizes. So you can keep on matching.

Bekah: said...

I LOVE matching girls! Jocy and Laynie are both adorable. You make the cutest kids!

Bryn is barely still wearing 5T and Aevyn isn't quite in 3-6 months. So I'm not sure how many matching sets I can find. But coordinating...maybe, hopefully!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I dress my boys alike all the time. I tell myself it is so I only have to remember what one of them is wearing when we are in public.

Ashlee said...

I match my girls all the time. For one, it makes shopping easy (mine are only one size different) and for another- I know which kid is mine when we're out. Also, it's cute and fun and someday I won't be able to. I've brainwashed my girls to think it's fun, too. My brother on the other hand, who actually has identical twins, refuses to match them. Funny, huh? Those PJ's are too cute! I have an obsession with cute PJ's!

playlist