Thursday, October 18, 2007

Back to School


So it's official- Reed has gone back to school. We've been tossing the idea around for a year or so. And in a whirlwind of activity we settled on one, applied, got accepted and started in about a month. Well the researching and all took a bit longer but it seems like everything was decided really quickly.
Anyways, two years from now Reed will have his MBA from Babson University- they are located in Massachutes but have a fast track program in Portland. Reed will attend classes every 4-6 weeks on Friday and Saturday. The rest of class will be done online in chat rooms etc. How new age is that? Anyway, it will be intense for the next two years as he continues to work full time and go to school and fulfill his scout calling and you know... do family stuff. A shout out to all my friends who have done the "support husbands through school stuff". There should be some sort of degree or certificate for you when your husbands finish school! Or at least a plaque that has your name on it. :)

7 comments:

Katie Smith said...

Love the new look with the Blog! Good for Reed for going back to school. It looks like you and I are in the same boat...2 years of education. Except you get to have a house and live in Oregon...maybe we're not in the same boat after all! :) We miss you guys. You'll have to tell Nate and Jocey that Jack says HI. And, you've got to post some more pics of those kiddies. I'm dying to see how much Lanie is changing. Love you!

rozalyn said...

Good for you guys! That's so great that Reed is going for his MBA. And what's even better is that you guys will STILL be done with school 2 years ahead of us! Pat yourselves on the back for that one! And I have to agree with what you said about wives getting something when their husbands graduate, except I think I want all new kitchen appliances. And maybe some new shoes too. Is that too much to ask for after 10 years post-grad?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on re-entering schooling, or maybe I should say good luck. I will be glad when the non-stop studying ends for us in a couple years. I agree, us wives need some sort of honorary degree or something. (Like the kind they give celebrities for giving a speech at their commencement.)

mahina said...

good for you guys! i agree that the wives deserve a degree too! life is full of excitement and change!

Melanie said...

Congrats, you guys! That's great! I know it's a pain and a lot of work going back after all this time, but it sounds like you've got a nice set up and it'll be so worth it. Seth sometimes still talks about law school, but I don't think we'll ever go through with it.
And yeah, wives seriously deserve a degree or reward for it!

Ashlee said...

Congrats, Reed! Megan... good luck! Todd keeps mentioning this and I'm sure it will happen soon for us too. Ugh. I was so enjoying life without homework. :) Anyway- I couldn't agree more than wives should get something too, especially when there are little kids involved! I hope the next 2 years goes smoothly and speeds by!

And Rozalyn... you deserve a new kitchen AND new appliances after all THAT time! :)

Megan said...

Rozalyn-
I changed my mind. Forget the plaque or honorary degree. I'll take the new kitchen. :)

playlist