Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mr. Snow

Snow, Snow go away come again another day. Like Christmas Eve for instance. It's not that I'm against you. In small doses or in places that can handle you- you are lovely. I love freshly fallen snow that hasn't been touched. I love snowmen and snowangels. I even love a good snowball fight. But we are going on day four of our hibernation due to your visit. It wouldn't be so bad if you had left your friends Mr. Freezing Rain and Mr. Bitterly Cold Wind at home. They make it next to impossible to even enjoy any of the fun things you bring. So I am left at home with two VERY bored, sometimes whining and often arguing, children. We're not sure we'll survive the next six days of your projected stay. Luckily, most of my Christmas shopping is done. Even if the roads were driveable I would never venture out with all three of my children in tow. I may be stir crazy but I'm not plain crazy. So I will try to enjoy the winter wonderland you have created for me. I will drink lots of hot cocoa, sit by my warm fire, listen to the wind howl as I read a good book, and forget the dishes in the sink and the two children who are telling me, once again, that they're bored.

Yours truly,
One of those mom's getting ready to pull her hair out because you've made it impossible to get anything done.

P.S. These views are soley those of the author. The two children pictured below have a very different opinion about you. Similar to the one I had a long, long time ago and I rejoiced whenever you came into town and cancelled school. How did I get so old?

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so right there with you. The arguing, whining and complaints of boredome are driving me insane. My kids love to play in the snow but that is only fun so long.

Clara said...

Classic! I would love to copy this letter exactly right onto my blog! :)

Hope you are doing well and have a Merry Christmas! :)

Becca said...

I heard that you guys were getting some crazy snow. Fun! and not.

Melanie said...

Amen!

Julie said...

Okay, I do have to say that I miss snow days. The surprise of not having school is a childhood dream. I think I may need to pick random days for my kids to have fake snow days and skip school. BUT, I do not miss cold wind,bad roads, or board kids. Just a snow day or two. . . that's all. Enjoy!

Rachel D said...

You make me laugh. This is clever. And, yes, I think stay-home moms all over Portland shared similar opinions.

playlist